Piratevilletown

Philosophical Pirate Chat. No Questions.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Munich

So I rented Munich last night. I watched it twice in the same night. It was interesting, but preachy. Stylistically it was entirely sound. Not because it was stylish, I didn't really notice much of a particular "style" like certain movies have style (i.e. Hero, V for Vendetta, Pulp Fiction), but it didn't have bad style in any sense. I guess the style could be called "gritty." But in any case, I like the characters, and I kinda like Eric Bana as an actor. I was a fan of his portrayal of Hector in Troy, and "Hoot" in Blackhawk Down. I never saw the hulk, which is probably why I'm still a fan of him. Anyway, Eric Bana did an swell job in Munich. What I liked about the story the most was probably the fact that the guys they got for the job seemed Ordinary (with a capital O). They weren't killers (some weren't, at least), they weren't exceptionally trained, they were normal.
I don't know, it's a movie that makes you think about it afterward more than during the movie. I was originally going to buy it before I saw it, but now that I've rented it I don't think I'll buy it. It's not one of those movies that I'd pull off the shelf and throw in to pass the time. But I do suggest seeing it once or twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home