Piratevilletown

Philosophical Pirate Chat. No Questions.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Favorite Poem? Possibly...

in Just-
spring when the world is mud-
luscious the little lame baloonman


whistles far and wee


and eddyandbill come
running from marbles and
piracies and it's
spring


when the world is puddle-wonderful


the queer
old baloonman whistles
far and wee
and bettyandisbel come dancing


from hop-scotch and jump-rope and


it's
spring
and
the
goat-footed


baloonMan whistles
far
and
wee


e.e. cummings

4 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Blogger Pirate Jimmy said…

    I'm so glad the spacing translated correctly as well!!

     
  • At 10:41 PM, Blogger Pirate Jimmy said…

    "it's spring and the goat-footed baloonMan whistles far and wee"
    That line always makes me smile, and smiling is good!

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Chaka said…

    The world is puddle-wondeful today, even if I can't jump in them because I wore my nice shoes.

     
  • At 7:40 PM, Blogger Pirate Jimmy said…

    I like the word "mud-luscious" even though I don't like mud. I guess I find the combination of the word "mud" (an un-appealing concept) with the word "luscious" (typically describing beauty, I think) an intruiging pairing.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home