Piratevilletown

Philosophical Pirate Chat. No Questions.

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Metal

There's something that most people don't get is that Metal is often times smart music.

Wagner would LOVE metal, as his orchestrations were the heavy metal of the day. I've heard on numerous occassions that of pop music, metal is the most direct descendant of classical music today.

Anyway, comparisons to classical music is not what this post is about. Protest The Hero is what this post is about. I was looking at my brother's music and a song from these guys caught my eye, it was called "I'm Dmitri Karamazov and the World is my Father." I thought it might surprise one of the 2 readers here that people who play hard rock are not the same idiots that are rapping about bitches and hos.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home