Piratevilletown

Philosophical Pirate Chat. No Questions.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Future?

Maybe I'll become a storyteller.

As a bonus, here is a link to a book called Twilight Land by Howard Pyle, which is a collection of some short children's stories.

I took a class in German Folklore, that was actually a really interesting class. It was based entirely upon the tales recorded by The Brothers Grimm.

I get a lot of ideas for good stories that I want to turn into something more, but I just don't have the attention span to write anything really long. And for a while I didn't believe short writing could be good writing, but reading Philip K. Dick changed my opinion. And, actually, Edgar Allan Poe has been a significant influence, and he is a short story author as well. Maybe not "influence," but I've always been intruiged by him, though I find a lot of his writing to be lame.

4 Comments:

  • At 8:42 PM, Blogger Pirate Jimmy said…

    I'd consider Edgar Allan Poe to be one of my favorite authors, though I don't know why. Every time I had to write some sort of paper on an author in high school, I always, without fail, picked Edgar Allan Poe.

     
  • At 8:43 PM, Blogger Pirate Jimmy said…

    He was just so... intruiging.

     
  • At 1:40 PM, Blogger Chaka said…

    I like the one where there's a murder, and the people who heard the murderer in the other room all differ on his nationality. The french witness thought he heard german, the german heard english, the englishman heard spanish, etc.

    It turns out the killer is a monkey.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Blogger Pirate Jimmy said…

    Murders in the Rue Morgue

     

Post a Comment

<< Home