Piratevilletown

Philosophical Pirate Chat. No Questions.

Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Musical Side of Piracy on the Open Sea, Yar!

So anyway (I love starting posts like that), I've decided I feel comfortable enough with my audience to post a kind of song I wrote several months back. I figure that while I practice bass guitar I may as well see if I can write lyrics that would make Kurt Cobain proud.

This song is titled "Life, Love, and Happiness." It still needs a chorus.

The story goes of the rousing of a wyrm,
so horrid that only rumors can confirm.
The whisper of truth is lost in the crowd,
so heed the words that I now sing loud.
(possible variation: So heed these words and I'll sing loud)
[chorus]
The Devil's wings spread by sanctity of vision,
and followed by Hell is the greatest collision.
Beast approaches Man with attempts to accost,
know the battle for our soul should not be lost.
[chorus]
The final words are sown in the fields of fire,
they end a fantasy world reaped by desire.
Whatever it is, I cannot bear the description,
amnesia by pain is the one true prescription.
[chorus]
[obligatory guitar solo]
[chorus]
The fate is still unbeknownst to all that I see,
and only the One can hold the future's key.
So don't lose composure, stock your phlegm,
exchange a toast with an emotionless hem.

The only problem with this song is that it actually rhymes, and most songs don't. They concentrate on similar sounding vowels typically.
Plus it is really wordy, and typically wordy songs suck.
I've got others that are started as well, I might start slowly releasing those to the public as well.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:20 PM, Blogger Chaka said…

    Well, you pre-empted my constructive criticism. Wordy and rhymey--that works for hymns, but not so much for rock. I think you've got the right mix of evocative images and paradox, though.

    Do you have a tune yet? I think the tune usually precedes or coincides with words in rock composition.

     
  • At 5:33 PM, Blogger PopStar said…

    is it all in my head ?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home