Piratevilletown

Philosophical Pirate Chat. No Questions.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Hostages are Returned!

I deleted the hostage story. I don't have the attention span to accomplish something great like a story. So here is what it was going to be in a nutshell. Maybe someday someone will write a book that I can read that will have similar ideas, that would be ideal.

It was called Hostage because everyone who fears death is a hostage. The Hero was supposed to be a man who showed our main character this. The introductory scene is almost a climax of sorts because this is where the change in the main character takes place; after he hears this hostage philosophy from The Hero and is intrigued. It changes his lifestyle and via this the storyteller's ideals also change throughout the story. In the background The Hero ends up doing great things, saving the day, etc. (my idea was also to have The Hero actually make things worse but be proclaimed by the masses to be "The Hero" and thus we all call him the hero, which is different from my original intention of having his name not even be known by the storyteller, as the hero eventually should be famous before the telling of this story). All the while life goes on with the storyteller and Ian. Scenes taking place before the change and after the change will be juxtaposed onto each other so as to emphasize the difference for the reader. Eventually Ian dies having accomplished nothing more than before and the storyteller if left exactly how he started. This, unfortunately, is just the tip of the iceberg that I have yet to discover for myself where I want to take it. So in the end writing is not for me, I believe.

Anyway, I started something else called "Skeletal Weeping." We'll see how long this project lasts. Mostly I think it'll be for crude, wrong humor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home